Search This Blog

10 December 2008

No. 26 - My Journey

This morning I awakened with a smile upon my face. It was one of those knowing smiles we have when the stars align, our plan is working, and we can see or feel the tangible proof that we are on the right track. I rolled over and thought about it, wanting to understand what it was that had given this sense of knowing – this feeling of humble confidence that made me smile. I had had a dream that was most comforting to me, and I’ll share it.

There I was, purposefully walking through a beautiful forest of exotic fauna, rolling hills, lush vegetation, and the sounds of flowing water somewhere off in the distant to sooth my spirit as I journeyed onward. While my destiny was not visible it did not concern me. I simply lavished in the beauty of my surroundings, the cool air, the spectacle of color, the richness of the soil beneath my feet, the scent of Earth and Nature as the two courted each other.

Soon I was walking through a valley that was flanked on the right and left by two great hills. As I passed the hills a figure stood up on either side of me – one male, one female. I stopped and looked at them… observed them. And they looked back. Each stood solidly more then fifty feet tall. As they looked down upon me they smiled in turn, each nodding their head in approval. I felt a warmness consume me. I felt something important had just happened. I felt the weight of the journey was nothing in comparison to what had just happened and I was encouraged to stay my course.

And so I did.

Soon I was beyond the valley and turned to look back. The two figures were now side-by-side, their bodies seeming to morph into one. I turned to fully face them and for sure, the two were becoming one. It was an awesome thing to regard because I felt I was privy to something no one had ever, or would ever see. When the morphing ended there was no more human likeness to be seen. There before me was a solid Brown and Black wall, shifting in color form one moment to the next. It stood unmoving in the valley, a brace for the hills that once were home to the great figures I had seen.

From this wall came the sound of music, the voices of a million singers all harmonizing to a chorus that resonated deep within me. It was the most uplifting integration of voice and music I had ever heard.
It did not occur to me to question this, after all, it was a dream and these things happen in our dreams all the time. I fully accepted the strong emotions that my mind experienced in this state of sleep, and that would carryover to my wakefulness.

I turned back and resumed my journey, now accompanied by the lovely music that would not fade away, and that I quickly grew fond of. It wove itself into my being, it matched the tempo of my heartbeat, and it enveloped me in an audible warmth that made me feel there was no way I would not reach my goal. Success was the only option, the only solution, the only alternative.

So I walked onward… I walked purposefully… I walked directly. And then I woke up.

What did this dream mean? What is it about dreams that help us to understand life? What subconscious messages were being fed into my conscious mind?

Here is my interpretation… here is what I believe has made me feel so good about that dream:

The two figures represented my ancestors, all of my ancestors: male and female. They were observing me in my quest to do something good for community, humanity, our legacy. They wanted me to know they were aware of my efforts and that they acknowledged them to be in alignment with their will. Their morphing into one, then into a wall represented their solid support for me in this journey. The songs were provided to comfort me and to let me know I am never alone.

I believe this dream to be a true message to me. I believe in the Spiritual connectedness of all of us. I believe when two people share a deep and personal conversation their Spirits also share in the interchange. I also believe we are all connected to our ancestral past.

Today I’ll go forward with an even greater sense of who I am and what life means to me. Today I’ve been reminded that my journey is so much more then the challenges I face or the things I have around me. Today I’m shown my body, mind, and soul are in alignment and that my path to realizing my goal is assured.

And today, once again, I will gladly put one foot in front of the other as I happily take part in this, My Journey.

No comments: