Search This Blog

10 December 2008

No. 17 - The Smartest People In History

I was wondering how could I quantify who the smartest people in history would be. And what would be the qualities that would help to clarify the answer. Quite intriguing…

So I recalled all the different stories of greatness I had been told about, read about, experienced, and seen. There have been so many great stories about the accomplishments of the modern Black person that I found the question quite exciting. Who was the smartest man? But wait..! Why did my thought center solely on man?

There are some VERY smart woman out there too. So, “Damn”, I thought “That’s gonna make this even sexier”.

And ah, the many more thoughts I had. What fun to wonder who was the smarter. What journeys my mind enjoyed while intimating upon all the smart things WE have demonstrated, each competing with my need for the answer to this problem. So, “Damn”, I thought “Maybe I’m just looking at this the wrong way”.

Okay then… if smartness is demonstrated by both men and women, if there are current examples of the highest respect for things we consider to be good and worthwhile, if we all have that within us, then the answer to the question was right before me…

Now things are moving along and I’m feeling good understanding this thing a little better. I’m sayin’ “Yeah, I’m feelin’ really good about Black Folk”. I sayin’ “I’m seein’ where we got this handled and all we have to do is take it.

If you look at history you can see it as a thing that remains in motion. It became important when, long ago, someone decided to write it.

So, “Damn”, I thought, “I see where we can make a difference, and our own history…:

The smartest People In History are the ones who understand that the story that is told has to be told by them, and then they start telling it!

“Damn”, I thought.

No comments: