Search This Blog

10 December 2008

No. 16 - No Time To Think

By: Dedoceo Habi

Ah yes, a day to simply enjoy. The warmth of the Sun as it graces my upturned face soothes my mind. It casts a spell of delight with its mesmerizing flood of bright comfort. Here and there I can see flecks of dust reflecting the rays of joy onto the walls surrounding me. I see a collage of brilliant lights dancing on the walls. Maya is rolled into a tight ball, purring in delight. I’m sure she’s dreaming of chasing mice and cheese somewhere in cat heaven.

What a day indeed. I sit back and think of nothing in particular, just taking my moment to “smell the daisy’s”, as they say. (No time to think about anything right now… just want to enjoy this). All the seriousness and compassion I have for my work and the world is put on hold. My batteries need to get their charge from this glorious warmth that enwraps me. I can take a break and get my relaxation on.

It is in these moments that I can know the abundant beauty that is humanity. I can feel the smiles of loved one and strangers alike. I can acknowledge the innocence and interdependence of a morning flower waiting patiently for the dew to nurture it. I can hear the laughs of our youth through the halls of time, amplified to complete fullness. And, look at that, the way the Sunlight glistens off the leaves of that Oak tree…

You see, when consumed by doing good for others, you allow yourself access to a greater Spiritual source because you are engaging the Spirits of those you reach out to. It takes on a life of its own and draws you forward onto a greater plain. It strengthens you by letting you feel your true capacity for self empowerment. The individual who was once fearful of taking one step forward in the midst of a crowd, can now run confidently in the dark.

This is the thing that has kept me going. This is the draw, the glamour, the vindication of good will, that helps me to understand I am able to move forward… and to move forward boldly into the unknown, yet steadily towards my goals.

It has provided me a dear friend and colleague – a traveling companion, if you will – whose name is Hope. Hope, I have come to learn, keeps you going when all reason and logic might say otherwise. Hope cannot be broken or taken away by man, circumstance, or accident. It can only be given away by those who possess it.

As I sit here with no time to think, I realize how deeply conflicting that statement is. For here I am, intentionally sharing this vital part of me as a result of – and actively engaging in – thought. Perhaps it should be more accurately said, No Time To Think About That Right Now… But I Will Later.

No comments: