Search This Blog

23 February 2010

If...

(The Poetry Series #8)


If I allowed all the things you think of me to become my truth,
Putting aside the realizations and self knowledge I have honestly earned
If I allowed those things to be internalized, then to become my truth
Would I not be sacrificing my reality, my years of perspective and being?

If I chose to cut myself off from shared dialog because of my fears,
Rather valuing the easy comfort of my established sense of self
Frolicking in the quagmire of my mind, created from that which battles within
Would I not be the very tool that determines to undermine my happiness?

If I gave all of me to part of you hoping some day you will give all of you,
Choosing to hope in what could be rather then dwell on what is
Believing in the capacity for life and growth over settling for stagnation
Would I be compromising my self worth for the sake of something greater?

If you took away that part of you that once drew my heart in
Deciding to hide in fear and insecurity, allowing your past to haunt you
Making irrational excuses in justification for not giving that which I need
Would you be responsible for how I feel about and react to you?

If you forgot to love me with the same passion and endearing, always
Not making the act a job or task, but ever embracing the sacredness of love
Not finding reason to shorten or delay the experience
Would the temptations that cross my mind have greater value to me?

If your time with me is limited to only when you chose to be
Rather placing more value on all the other parts of your life
Rather expending your time, energy and efforts in them
Would it seem unfair of me to find comfort in the company of another?

But

If we would decide to give our hearts and minds and loves without fear
If we would decide to make us more important than all else
If we would decide to share in the journey of love and life as one
Then, We would have truly lived in love, and loved in life.

No comments: