Search This Blog

02 January 2010

Words To Help Pt. 3

I am reminded of the value of meditation and belief in oneself. The ideas written in the below chapters all have a common theme of taking time to meditate (pray), and belief in the power of ones Spiritual energy to draw those things that one seeks to self. The book provides many examples of how this way of thinking has proven successful to many people throughout time, and how we all possess similar power today.

I find myself reflecting upon the myriad thoughts and notions I’ve long held near and dear, and how the way in which I thought about some things was the very thing that kept me from attaining a particular goal.

In applying what I’ve read and internalized thus far in my life today, I can tell you it really does work...

Within the span of a few days of refocusing my thoughts and applying the approaches in this book to my life, there have been some miraculous changes in certain areas in my life. True story.

As I contemplate how I’ve viewed this world in which we live, and the many different ideals that impact our minds (or thinking), I begin to more clearly see how we have all been conditioned to think our way into the very kind of life we experience.

It has been my experience that when I focus on the less positive aspects of society, as accept those “perceptions/views” as the way it is, they indeed become my reality.

My wife has been the catalyst for this new journey I now undertake. It is through her quest, many years before, that she happened upon the book I now read. She had the foresight and courage to purchase it, and kept it in her personal library.

Funny, how we can look at a book for so long yet never see it. That was my experience. It has always been here, I’ve looked at the many book titles a hundred times over but it wasn’t until now that it was brought to my attention. Truth be told, I suppose it was an answered prayer and a wanting to evolved into a fuller being that lead my hands to these precious pages.

All too often we say we are about personal growth and that we have the capacity to look at ourselves truthfully... but can we ... and do we?

I am thankful I have been able to do so. I am thankful I have been able to see Dedoceo Habi for who and what he is. I am thankful I am able to identify where I need to grow if I truly am a Man of my word and genuinely want to succeed in those things I am called to do.

I share this part of my journey with others because I believe (and I’ve experienced this truth so often I have no doubt it is real) there are many others asking themselves the very same questions I have asked myself. The Universal connectedness of our Spiritual existence requires that we all find ourselves at similar points in our individual journeys, and that we share our experiences to help others, to learn from others, and to keep growing.

It is my hope that someone out there finds these words and is somehow helped to move closer to their dream. That they can acknowledge the truth of what I’m capturing from this book, and apply it to their lives. Most importantly, I am prayerfully confident they will understand the requirement that they share this truth with those they care about.

Excerpts from “The Power Of Your Subconscious Mind” - Dr. Joseph Murphy ~ Chapters 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, & 12 - ISBN: 0-13-685925-9 ~

As Your subconscious mind is in touch with infinite life and boundless wisdom, and its impulses and ideas are always lifeward. The great aspirations, inspirations, and visions for a grander and nobler life spring from the subconscious. Your profoundest convictions are those you cannot argue about rationally because they do not come from your conscious mind; they come from your subconscious mind.

To think correctly, scientifically, we must know the “Truth." To know the truth is to be in harmony with the infinite intelligence and power of your subconscious mind which is always moving lifeward. Every thought or action which is not harmonious, whether through ignorance or design, will result in discord and limitation of all kinds.

Many say there is an intelligence which will take care of your body if you let it alone. That is true, but the difficulty is that the conscious mind always interferes with its five-sense evidence based on outer appearances, leading to the sway of false beliefs, fears, and mere opinion. When fear, false beliefs, and negative patterns are made to register in your subconscious mind through psychological, emotional conditioning, there is no other course open to the subconscious mind except to act on the blueprint specifications offered it.

The principle reasons for failure are: Lack of confidence and too much effort. Many people block answers to their prayers by failing to fully comprehend the workings of their subconscious mind. When you know how your mind functions, you gain a measure of confidence. You must remember whenever your subconscious mind accepts an idea, it immediately begins to execute it. It uses all its mighty resources to that end and mobilizes all the mental and spiritual laws of your deeper mind. This law is true for good or bad ideas. Consequently, if you use It negatively, it brings trouble, failure, and confusion. When you use it constructively, it brings guidance, freedom, and peace of mind.

Trying to accumulate wealth by the sweat of your brow and hard labor is one way to become the richest man in the graveyard. You do not have to strive or slave hard.

Your conscious and subconscious mind must agree. Your subconscious accepts what you really feel to be true. The dominant idea is always accepted by your subconscious mind. The dominant idea should be wealth, not poverty.

What you consciously affirm, you must not mentally deny a few moments later. This will neutralize the good you have affirmed. The block to wealth is in your own mind. Destroy that block now by getting on good mental terms with everyone.

It is your right to be rich. You are here to lead the abundant life and be happy, radiant, and free. You should, therefore, have all the money you need to lead a full, happy, and prosperous life.

One reason many people simply make ends meet and never have enough money is that they condemn money. What you condemn takes wings and flies away.

Don't make money your sole aim. Claim wealth, happiness, peace, true expression, and love, and personally radiate love and good will to all. Then your subconscious mind will give you compound interest in all these fields of expression.

Never use the terms "filthy lucre" or "I despise money." You lose what you criticize. There is nothing good or bad, but thinking of it in either light makes it so.

Let us discuss three steps to success: The first step to success is to find out the thing you love to do, then do it. The second step to success is to specialize in some particular branch of work and know more about it than anyone else. The third step is the most important one. You must be sure that the thing you want to do does not contribute greatly to your success only. Your desire must not be selfish; it must benefit humanity.

Any mental picture, backed by faith and perseverance, will come to pass through the miracle-working power of your subconscious. Trust it, believe in its power, and wonders will happen as you pray.

Guidance comes as a feeling, an inner awareness, an overpowering hunch whereby you know that you know. It is an inner sense of touch. Follow it.

... Stay tuned for excerpts from the next chapters ...

No comments: