Search This Blog

18 July 2010

fear in U.S.

i challenged my fear to understand
its power over me
and somehow through my processes
i began to see

my fear had put me in a box
if surrounded me with strife
it prevented me from many paths
to a better life

and when i chose to challenge it
i saw my world so clear
i saw some truths about us all,
i simply have to share

we all have fears that we all bear
and sometimes, we’re not aware
yet it is this commonality
that has brought us all to here

some folk thrive in yesterday
embracing their echoes of fear
maintaining uniformed disharmony
and perpetuating collective despair

but then there are those who understand
the measure of what is great
who understand this simple truth:
Our future is a shared fate

so we can take this side, or that
and our fears can be pushed out
but rest assured, when we can be honest
Our fear is Our prison, no doubt.

No comments: